On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 10:48, Terry Allen wrote:

 2 - Did I update ClamAV incorrectly?

        If my problem was caused by question 2 - is what is the
 process to update ClamAV correctly. Many thanks for any assistance.

With a major upgrade like that, it is strongly advised to uninstall the old version first, by going into your old install directory and typing 'make uninstall', and then installing the new version.

That will make sure all the old libs are also removed, much is what most
people miss.

Note, you probably want to save a copy of your old clamav.conf file
first.

Then configure the clamav.conf and new freshclam.conf files.

-trog

Hi again,
Thank you for the info - I will archive it for the next upgrade - everything's sweet at the moment on the server.
--

hEARd

Postal Address:
        hEARd, 26B Glenning Rd, Glenning Valley, NSW 2261, Australia
Internet -
        WWW: http://heard.com.au http://itavservices.com
EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: Australia - 02 4388 1400 / International - + 61 2 43881400
Mobile: Australia - 04 28881400 / International - 61 4 28881400