Hello again,

I am still getting the below message after starting clamd clamav-milter and sendmail in that order. clamd and clamav-milter start without any errors being reported in either clamd.log or /var/log/messages. When I start sendmail, which starts without error itself I get the error message below from clamav-milter.

"localhost clamav-milter[xxxx]: recv failed from clamd getting PORT"

Can someone please tell me what could be the reason for this error or how to fix it.

I start clamav-milter with the following command line:

clamav-milter -ol local:/var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock

Here is a listing of my sendmail.mc file:

divert(-1)
divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`$Id: generic-linux.mc,v 8.1 1999/09/24 22:48:05 gshapiro Exp $')
OSTYPE(linux)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
define(`DATABASE_MAP_TYPE', `hash')
FEATURE(`virtusertable', `hash /etc/mail/virtusertable')dnl
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter',`S=local:/var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock,F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `clmilter')dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

The LocalSocket entry for clamd is as follows:

LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock

Cheers,

Simon