>I think it could be nice to have like a list of "known systems". That way a
>newbie could read and choose the best for his needs.
>
>We use Sendmail 8.13.0 (since 8.12.11) + Clamav-milter + Clamd.
>No quarantine, no postmaster/sender/recipient notice, just reject messages.
>Centralized freshclam on two servers at different times (minutes 23 and 53
>respectively). OnUpdate it propagates vía sftp to the other 9 servers
>(including the other one that runs freshclam, so it doesn't have to update
>again). OnUpdate & OnError sends a message to postmaster.
>
>Viruses stopped Yesterday: Thu Dec  2
>    77550 Worm.SomeFool.Gen-1
>    76936 Worm.SomeFool.P
>    26800 Worm.Mydoom.M
>    21249 Worm.Bagle.Gen-zippwd
> [...]
>       1 Worm.Sircam
>       1 W97M.Marker.C.2
>       1 Trojan.Downloader.Small-165
>----------
>   330556

>You can guess our monthly stats.
>We have more than 4 million mails daily, 150 clamav-milter and 26 clamd
>threads concurrently per server on peak hour.

>Regards,

>Samuel Benzaquen

>From Ian Lewis:

That is very interesting information Samuel. I shall be interested to compare
it to my own data.

We quarantine our emails just in case there are any which are genuine but
holding viruses. Not very likely but you never know.

Do I understand from what you say that having identified 4 million viruses
you reject them and they go 'back' to the often spoofed sender, still capable
of causing trouble?

Best wishes,

Ian Lewis

---