That is your prerogative. I, on the other hand, would never configure
sendmail in that fashion. Clamav-scans are a critical part of mail
delivery. I would never allow mail to be delivered when the virus scanner
is down, and would indeed TempFail delivery until I restarted the daemon
(via a watchdog script).

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---