Yesterday (May 1) I installed ClamAV 0.88.2 on our ProLiant server running
RHEL-4 and Apache 2.0.52 using rpms from
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/clamav/

I had set the daemon to run the update but got this in logwatch today:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Daemon check list:
   Database modification detected. Forcing reload: 1 Time(s)
   Database status OK: 1 Time(s)

Virus database reloads:
   Now protecting against 53229 viruses: 2 Time(s)

**Unmatched Entries**
clamd shutdown succeeded
clamd shutdown failed
clamd: error while loading shared libraries: libclamav.so.1: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory clamd startup failed clamd
shutdown failed
clamd: error while loading shared libraries: libclamav.so.1: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory clamd startup failed clamd
shutdown failed clamd daemon 0.88.2 (OS: linux-gnu, ARCH: i386, CPU: i386)
Bound to address 127.0.0.1 on port 3310 Portable Executable support enabled.

Detection of broken executables enabled.
clamd startup succeeded
HTML support enabled.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The file libclamav.so.1 does exist:

/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.1.0.17
/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.1
/usr/lib/libclamav.so.1.0.17
/usr/lib/libclamav.so.1

I suspect there is a config setting I have missed, but don't know which. I'd
appreciate some guidance please.

Thanks

Bob

Robert Isaac
Director/Web Admin

www.volvoclub.org.uk

Please include all previous text with reply
All messages are scanned with an antivirus scanner.