Dennis Peterson wrote:
Bowie,

The obvious observation that while this might work for you it's not a general solution, so now everyone needs to create a script.

F'chrissake... It is trivial to do this. Less than 10 minutes, start
to stop. I wrote the script I use 3 years and it took just minutes. I have
10 mail servers in 5 timezones and three continents. They are all updated
within 30 minutes of a new drop. This is not rocket science - in fact this
is very simple stuff. If you are challenged by *any* of this you are in the
wrong business.

Care to share your script?

(and, hopefully its written in a fashion that is portable, instead of being linux specific ... or worse yet, specific to a given linux distro)