Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Peter Boosten wrote:
>
>> clamdscan solved that issue, although I would have appreciated this
>> effect *before* I upgraded to a newer release.
>
> This keeps comming up, perhaps it needs to be addressed in the docs.
>
> Could you tell us why you used clamscan instead of clamd/clamdscan in the
> first place ?  I'm just a user, but to me it was obvious. Unfortunatley I
> can't even recall what documentation I used when I set this up a few years
> ago.

I had some problems running clamd on one of the machines a long time
ago, and with mimedefang running clamscan is the second option (which
had worked until sometime ago). So I configured mimedefang for clamscan.

Now I'm running the daemon and changed mimedefang.pl to run clamdscan in
stead of clamscan.

Kind regards,

Peter
--