On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 01:15:13PM +0100, Paul Whelan wrote:
> On 12 Aug 2008 at 7:57, Charles Gregory wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Dennis Peterson wrote:
> > > ..... A problem I've seen with greylisting is the round-robin MTA pool.
> > > Each is told in turn to come back later and if the pool is large it can
> > > take a long time to cycle through all of them.
> >
> > I don't suppose anyone has a list of these available for a "whitelist" or
> > "avoid greylisting"? Preferably a list of IP's not domains?
>
> I use a list at http://www.greylisting.org/whitelisting.shtml with a few
> additions

Well most of the problems are gone if you don't blindly greylist everyone.
Be selective.

http://hege.li/howto/spam/etc/postfix/in/whitelist_client.pcre
http://hege.li/howto/spam/etc/postfix/in/greylist_client.pcre

The first one already handles most of the lists that are mentioned. I hate
when mail from my server gets greylisted for absolutely no sane reason.

Ofcourse add few generic FCrDNS domains like hotmail.com, yahoo.com,
amazon.com.. I see no point playing with IP addresses unless there is no
PTR.