Simon Hobson wrote:
Jerry wrote:

By the way, I still also have an old 8086 with DOS 3? (I don't remember
the version) that still works. I still use it on occasion to copy old
5.25 floppys to other media. Yes, some local government agencies have
valuable documents archived in that format. However, I would never
expect it run Win7, nor do I bitch to Microsoft about it either.

So, it still runs the software it used to run ? Yes
It's running software that is  EOL ? Most definitely
And Microsoft have sent it a poison pill ? No they haven't

There's a difference between "not providing any more updates" and killing something off.

I'm a little confused by this (still), is it not true that simply turning off freshclam will allow clamav to continue working indefinitely on the existing signature set?