On 9/14/12 2:05 AM, "Siranjeevi" <siranjee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     I have tried to scan the file which is of 75 MB file.. I need to know
> whether it is scanned or not. Because Data Scanned is coming as 0.00 MB.
> Please help me in this regard. I have to proceed further.
>
> [root@mySys clamav]# clamscan clamav-0.97.tar
>
> LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
> LibClamAV Warning: ***  The virus database is older than 7 days!  ***
> LibClamAV Warning: ***   Please update it as soon as possible.    ***
> LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
> clamav-0.97.tar: OK

Run clamconf and check MaxScanSize.  Probably 100M.

Also, from man clamscan:

       --max-scansize=#n
             Extract and scan at most #n kilobytes from each scanned file.
             You may pass the value in megabytes in format xM or xm, where x
             is a number.  This option protects your system against DoS
             attacks (default: 100 MB, max: <4 GB)

However, if the file is an archive, then the MaxFileSize is probably 25M.

-Al-

--
Al Varnell
Mountain View, CA