On Jul 3, 2018, at 10:37 AM, Benoit Panizzon
<benoit.paniz...@imp.ch<mailto:benoit.paniz...@imp.ch>> wrote:

Sorry I was not following that discussion...

 Host: db.us.clamav.net<http://db.us.clamav.net/>

  Error 1003 Ray ID: 4349da2f33f4ae20 • 2018-07-03 13:55:52 UTC
  Direct IP access not allowed

But this cought my attention...

db.us.clamav.net<http://db.us.clamav.net/> is an alias for
db.us.clamav.net.cdn.cloudflare.net.

Cloudflare uses some kind of DDOS protection to detect if the visitor
might be a 'malicious bot' or a 'human' with a 'propper' webbrowser.

I fear, FreshClam does not pass the 'human' test.

I would suggest to the ClamAV team to move away from Cloudflare. Such
issues are bound to occur with CloudFlare.

That feature is turned off for the mirror network.  So, no, those issues will
not occur.  In fact, it was on, and yes, it was causing problems, which is why
it's now off.

However, the ~60TB of traffic we are passing on a 24 hour basis tells me that
freshclam is working fine. You can't hit the cloudflare IPs directly, which is
what that error says.

--
Joel Esler
Sr. Manager