Determining what version a *mirror* has is a bit tricky. Looking at the
capture of the entire HTTP session with the new mirrors, they seem to
require some header magic to be acceptable:

  Host: db.us.clamav.net

Simply trying to point your (e.g.) browser at a mirror's IP gets you:

   Error 1003 Ray ID: 4349da2f33f4ae20 • 2018-07-03 13:55:52 UTC
   Direct IP access not allowed