On 11/22/18 8:51 PM, Paul Kosinski wrote:
I wonder how many users of ClamAV actually log their freshclam updates.
Those who don't likely won't notice freshclam temporary failures due
to an out-of-sync condition.

I just checked logs on two systems dating from July 1 and see no failures. I isolated the signature serial numbers and time tags and all were received with clock like precision. Freshclam is launched every three hours from cron.d and incorporates a randomizer to create a delay to help avoid pileups on common cardinal clock positions. No serial numbers were missed within the time slot.

dp