Micah, Al and all,

Thanks a lot again for your prompt reply and willingness to assist.

I surely see the logic in your directions on how to get rid of the said
warning message, and I'll definitely store the provided details for when
the occasion arises.

Nevertheless, my issue here was with not being able to perform hourly
updates via freshclam due to a 403 HTTP error, which I suspected was due to
our IP getting blocked - all that is described in the beginning of this
thread.

Earlier on the version I installed from CentOS EPEL package -  *.100.*
instead of  *.101.* -  was flagged as a related issue (?). I'll therefore
build the latest version from source and see how this goes.

In case you can confirm the mentioned 403 error when updating has to do
with the hourly setting, I will put a local web server in place for it to
serve the signature updates.

Happy holidays to everyone, too!
Thanks,
Claudiu