On 07.03.21 21:51, Thomas Guerlinze via clamav-users wrote:
I restarted an old QNAP NAS (TS419P).
I updated the firmware to the latest version available for this model
(4.3.3.1432 build 20200106).

I tried to use the GUI provided by QNAP to update the ClamAV on the NAS. I
received "update failed" message.

I made some searches on the ClamAV users Archives (and saw some similar
threads) but none of them could be used to solve the issue.

If I download the .cvd files manually (
http://database.clamav.net/bytecode/daily/main) through my browser on a PC
and then copy them in the appropriate folder on the NAS and launch a scan,
it works.
If I try to "automate" this download with WGET or CURL it does not work
either (respectively error 403 or 1020).

I do not know how to proceed to keep a ClamAV instance update without
manual intervention.

Hello,

I own 419P+.
It has 512MB of RAM, which is unfortunately not enough for clamav (at least
on other machines clamav uses over 1GB of RAM.

The 419P and 419P+ are old arm machines whose support ended on 12/2020.

I'm afraid that using clamav on those NASses doesn't make sense anymore
(and, already for some time).

2B|!2B, that's a question!