Dear All,

I posted the answer of QNAP support in the wrong thread (sorry).

In short, the NAS has not sufficient memory to process the update. Only
manual update is working.

Here the answer:
The root cause is the size of the update files in the database. Because of
that the automatic updates are failing on the older NAS models. This is due
to the small CPU and memory size.
When you update manually the system get forced to update and will pause
other applications running.
So please try to perform the updates manually ones in a time.

Br,

Tom