Hi there,

On Sat, 24 Jul 2021, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:

On 24/07/2021 17:01, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
[SNIP]

Next I will try with GCC/G++, wonder where it will fail...
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.15/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:137 (message):
 Could NOT find Iconv (missing: Iconv_LIBRARY)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake-3.15/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:378 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)

Ouch.  Looks like you're having even more trouble than I did.  Well,
that's what release candidates (and we) are here for. :)  Can't help
much with Solaris, sorry, but doesn't Micah build on it too?

Oh, by the way, how do you tell CMake to wipe out its effects and go
back to a virginal environment, a la "make distclean"???

According to 'man cmake' there's a command line option

--clean-first

which might do what you want (I've never used it, this cmake stuff is
all new to me) and in the top of the source tree I *think* you can

rm -rf ./build

However I always

rm -rf /home/me/clamav-0....

even if I'm using 'make'.