Gene Heskett via clamav-users wrote:
> On Thursday 29 July 2021 06:33:02 Rick Cooper wrote:
>
>> Had the same problem, install the check package. It's a unit test
>> framework.
> Did that, and about 5 or 6 other pkgs I've never needed before and it
> finally did install, restarted anything starting with clam
> in /etc/init.d and everything including procmail seems to be happy.
>
> except its still running 1.0.2.whatever Did it not update the
> /etc/init.d files? Looks like they weren't touched. WTH?  Hells
> bells, it didn't even make them! Go read the install.md again.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Looking through the CMakeOptions.cmake file there only appears to be an
entry for systemd, nothing for systemv.
Just set the following flags to match the locations you currently use and
the init script should work I think:
-D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="(example /usr)"
-D APP_CONFIG_DIRECTORY="(example /etc)"

I built on a Centos 7 system and it did see systemd and install the .system
file