On Fri, 30 Jul 2021, Gene Heskett via clamav-users wrote:

I see by synaptic, that both python-test and python3-test are available.
Which is preferred? I'd assume python3-test in order to future proof, but
assumptions are where we've gone aglay too many times already.

My experience on fast-track Ubuntu (not specifically with clamav)
is that you need the package which matches the python you wish
to use to run the tests.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                                     Kendal, UK
                        and...@aitchison.me.uk