On 06.05.23 16:14, newcomer01 via clamav-users wrote:
now i know what the problem is with clamscan (see text below in quote).
Strangely enough, with the same .eml files, all scans went through yesterday
without any problems.
Today the very first scan caused clamscan to hang again, it just stopped
scanning.

For whatever reason, this happens when a mail is only a few kb in size but has
absolutely no content, I opened the affected mail with every text editor, and
it was empty in all of them.

Why this mail is empty from yesterday to today I don't know.
Here one would have to investigate and build in additional error handling.
The process just hung, with no error message or log.

Do you have that file available somewhere so we can check?

Microsoft dick is soft to do no harm