Mark Wielaard wrote:

> And I can now also build Classpath although the configure scripts
> barf on libart. But after repairing a bit by hand I am now able to do a
> make all and get the libgcj.zip file (only java/lang/Classloader didn't
> compile). Although I do not have a way now to actually use them :)

A side note, sort of: I am compiling right now without --with-classlib, and we are
damn near completely self-sufficient now (in terms of compilation at least).  As
far as I can tell, the following classes would make it complete (unless these
classes needed still others that aren't ready yet):

java.awt.Event
java.awt.image.ColorModel
java.awt.image.DirectColorModel
java.text.DecimalFormat
java.text.DigitList
java.applet.*

These are all I had to import from JDK in order to get us to compile standalone!
(Aaron has charge of these areas, so he'll have to tell you what, if any, of these
classes need working on.)

It would be really nice to get rid of that --with-classlib dependency altogether.

> But I guess that the pure java packages can be tested with Kaffe.
> (Is there anybody working on integration with Kaffe?)

Brian Jones ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) is working on that now, there has been some
behind-the-scenes activity lately (the evidence of which is in the CVS changelog
for ClassLoader and VMClassLoader).

> > and supposedly someone has coded java.util.zip, but I haven't seen it.
> I browsed through the mail archive and that someone is Loren Peace.
> Loren are you still out there? And do you need any help with those packages?

Loren has been gone for a long time and we have made more than sufficient efforts
to contact him; I personally think it's about time for someone else to pick up the
work.

--John Keiser