Well, it's 2016 and still Lubuntu, but we're up to v16.04. MP3s play in VLC
but not Clementine. The  gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mp3 plugin is already there
but Clementine is telling me it won't play until I install it. Why doesn't
it install its own dependencies? Why does Clementine work brilliantly in
Windows but falls down and can't get up under Linux? This is most
discouraging.