Well, it's 2016 and still Lubuntu. MP3s play in VLC but not Clementine.
The  gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mp3 plugin is already there but Clementine is
telling me it won't play until I install it. Why doesn't it install its own
dependencies? Why does Clementine work brilliantly in Windows but falls
down and can't get up under Linux? This is most discouraging.