On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM,  <nscl...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> has NS3-Click some type of packet processing delay implemented?
> For example: If I have a click element which produces a huge amount of
> traffic, but the created packets will be discarded at the output of the
> element. Will this influence the simulation beside the usage of CPU time?

ns-3 has no notion of processing delay as of now. There has been work
that has looked into it [1]. I've also seen researchers conduct
measurements of processing delays on their hardware, and artificially
adding these delays into ns-3's stack before conducting simulation
experiments.

[1] http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2011/papers/sigcomm/p418.pdf

> Thanks,
>
> Thomas