I think this would solve an issue I'm facing. I'm working on implementing
variations of Monte Carlo tree search for very large trees, with states and
actions represented by maps. There are several lookup tables indexed by
either state or state-action pairs. I haven't done any detailed
benchmarking or perf analysis, but I'm guess that hash/equality consumes no
small amount of time.