I tried this, changing node to browser, like so:

clojure -J-Dclojure.server.repl="{:port ${1:-5555} :accept
cljs.server.browser/repl}" -cljs-canary  -m cljs.main -re browser -r

That starts a REPL in my terminal, but when I try to connect to it from
Emacs, using C-c M-c RET localhost RET 5555, I get the following in my
Emacs *inf-clojure* buffer:

Process inf-clojure connection broken by remote peer

and the following the terminal REPL:

Exception in thread "Clojure Connection repl 1" java.lang.RuntimeException:
Unable to resolve symbol: PrintWriter-on in this context,
compiling:(cljs/core/server.clj:81:29)