Maybe a good new approach would be to combine working with CLI and some
minimal or existing editor that just supports bracket-matching and
re-indentation?

I'm led to this from listening to David Nolen's "Embracing Simpler Tools"
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Lv53lop2g), although I'm taking a leap
because the video doesn't show David's slides or screen, so I'm guessing
about a lot of what he was showing.

The workflow could be similar to what I use and teach with now (leinengen
command line + Gorilla REPL) but each piece might be simpler to set up and
use.

I guess this rules out bells and whistles like arg/doc display and
auto-completion. But if the rest of the story is really good then it'd be
worth it.

Does this make sense to people who know more about CLI?

And does anyone have suggestions for editors that would work well for this?
It could be something minimal, maybe running in a browser window (like
gorilla REPL and other systems do, but simpler to set up). Or maybe
something like TextMate but with Clojure re-indentation, which it doesn't
look like it currently has?

Thanks,

 -Lee