Hi.

Wanted to update that I decided not to be involved in GSoC 2020.

Another option, similar and different, that some of us are discussing
elsewhere is Rails Girls SoC 2020.
https://railsgirlssummerofcode.org
https://railsgirlssummerofcode.org/about/
I like the idea that it actively seeks diversity, and that it is possible
to submit a concrete open source project as a suggestion.