On Wednesday, 5 February 2020 09:59:25 UTC, Simon Brooke wrote:

> On Tuesday, 4 February 2020 15:56:47 UTC, James Reeves wrote:
>>
>> This may be due to the plugins overriding a dependency that Leiningen
>> itself needs. There was an issue like this
>> <https://github.com/weavejester/lein-ring/issues/203> logged with
>> Lein-Ring, which I notice you're using. Try updating the Lein-Ring version
>> to 0.12.5 and see if that fixes the issue.
>>

> Thanks for this suggestion. Sadly, it doesn't help.

OK, I beg your pardon. It seems you were right. Upgrading lein-ring to
0.12.5 and immediately doing a build did not work, but after a bit of
tinkering a build did work, and the differences were:

-                 [com.stuartsierra/component "0.3.2"]
+                 [com.stuartsierra/component "0.4.0"]
-            [lein-ring "0.8.13" :exclusions [org.clojure/clojure]]]
+            [lein-ring "0.12.5" :exclusions [org.clojure/clojure]]]

As Alex Miller suggests, the problem is that something isn't conformant to
spec, and it isn't something in my code since that runs under Clojure 1.8
(because I still haven't found a development environment I like better than
LightTable). So it must be something in a leiningen plugin, so the change
that worked must have been your change.

Many thanks!