*Hello! We're looking to hire. Details below and if you're interested apply
via this link: *CataBoom Back End Developer
<https://cataboom.catsone.com/careers/96878-General/jobs/14417822-Back-End-Developer>

*Back End Developer*
Dallas, TX · Computer/Software

CataBoom! Top brands leverage our unique, fast and easy to deploy marketing
platform to influence customer behavior & drive more engagement. We make it
fun!

As a Back End Developer, you will help us leverage some of the latest
development trends and browser technologies available to create a richer
user experience with significantly enhanced functionality for our growing
customer base. In this position, you will work closely with our design
team, product management, and the rest of the development team to create
APIs that will support elegant, usable, responsive and interactive
interfaces for use across multiple devices.

The ideal team member is an exceptional problem solver that is approachable
and willing to help others. Excellent communication skills are a must! You
take pride in your work and enjoy working with others to bring forward the
best solution. You are technically proficient, a fast learner and take
ownership and responsibility for your work assignments.

*What you’ll do:*

   - Develop back-end functionality for our next generation SaaS platform
   - Write modular, clean and well documented code that is easy to maintain
   - Leverage knowledge and experience of open-source libraries to
   accelerate development cycles
   - Contribute to continuously improving team productivity, code quality,
   tool selection and technology adoption
   - Collaborate effectively and closely with our UX designers, other
   front-end and back-end developers, product manager, and QA team to refine
   and improve the overall user experience
   - Identify and resolve problems uncovered by testing and user feedback
   - Assess and recommend improvements to existing code base and
   architecture
   - Optimize back-end application for maximum speed
   - Design new features while helping maintain old features
   - Organize and prioritize your work in order to advance team development
   objectives while also addressing issues with the system as they arise

*What you need to succeed*

   - Qualified candidates have at least 3 years of proven work experience
   as a back-end developer
   - Proven experience creating, implementing, and testing Application
   Programming Interfaces (APIs)
   - Understanding and enthusiastic evangelism for the core Clojure
   concepts of functional programming and immutable data
   - Proven experience in back-end web-based application development using
   Clojure or similar functional language
   - Proven experience with a back-end web stack such as Clojure Ring plus
   Compojure or similar Proven experience working with back-end databases such
   as Datomic a huge plus and others including MySQL and PostgreSQL
   - Knowledge and practical experience with the following are a plus:
   GraphQL, Java, and JSON and working with front end developers using HTML5,
   CSS3, JavaScript, React
   - Experience in securing back-end applications against attack
   - Experience performing DevOps functions including system monitoring,
   troubleshooting, diagnosing, and mitigating performance issues
   - Experience with source/version control systems (Git/Github or similar)
   - Experience developing single page applications (SPAs)
   - Experience with Continuous Integration, including unit testing, system
   testing, and automated deployment
   - Experience executing in an agile development environment.
   - Passionate about technology, has a good sense of humor, is honest and
   extremely self-motivated
   - Ability to juggle competing priorities and adapt to changes in project
   scope