I may be missing something, but how does having to (declare) vars fix typos?
I don't think anyone is suggesting *creating* a var that is referenced
before it is defined. What people are asking for is that the compiler
looks-ahead to verify that the var will eventually be defined, and then go
on its merry way. Typos would still be discovered, and people wouldn't have
to stop and (declare).

I'm not saying it's an easy change...

Paul