Hello, Mark.

The easiest way to updae plugin from within the idea is to use plugin
manager (see File -> Settings -> Plugins), find Clojure plugin in the list,
right-click on it and hit "update". AFAIK, you also must see kind of
blinking gear in the bottom right corener of IDEA main screen, which
assumes, that you have some plugins to update.

With best regards,
Ilya