1. CLR Interop:  Interop is the focus of development at the moment.
Work is progressing on those things that the JVM implementation
doesn't worry about:  ref/out params, assembly references, generics,
etc.    I haven't spent much think time on attributes yet.  Do you
have some specific use cases?  That would be stimulating.

2. Performance goals:  Clojure:Java::ClojureCLR:C#.    Not there yet,
but no reason why this is not achievable.    If you look at the IL
generated, ClojureCLR is almost identical to ClojureJVM.  At this
point, I consider interop the bigger impediment.  The game plan for
the near future:  Interop, implementing the new deftype/reify/protocol
goodness, then maybe performance.  deftype/&c affect IL generation, so
I'd like to get that done before coming back to look at the grungy
details of whether or not the CLR is inlining some little thing.

3.  I'll let the folks who are better at Clojure programming style
answer this one.

-David M