I see why you want to create your own reader macros—you want to set
apart certain code visually. But ataggart has a good point when he
keeps asking you for specific examples of your code. Do you want to
use reader macros to change something like this:
  (make-data "red" "blue" "green")
into something like this?
  #$<red blue green>

Even if you keep explaining the general reason why you want macros,
it's very hard to determine if your code would really benefit from
reader macros. Just give a more specific example of the code you want
to change; if it's private, just change the names and words.

The reader macro above is more concise, yes, but it's also harder to
read and find documentation for anyone else who's reading your code,
because it obeys nonstandard language rules. And that's assuming that
reader macros are even limited to your namespaces rather than globally—
if they happen to be implemented globally, you have conflicts to worry
about. And one more thing: you may have to parse the following
_characters_ yourself, which is much harder than being able to
manipulate actual data structures as you can in regular macros.

In my opinion, I believe the language's core should stay as simple as
possible. Regular macros can do everything that reader macros can do,
but in a more homoiconic and generally easier way. Each reader macro,
even the _standard,_ built-in ones, adds a burden on the programmer to
remember yet another syntax.

I don't think conciseness and visual separation are compelling enough
to sacrifice consistency. Don't forget, it's important that other
people be able to read and understand your code easily too.