What about Clonure? Wordplay on Clone and leaving out the j ;)

2010/3/17 mac <markus.gustavs...@gmail.com>:
> After just a little more test and polish I plan on calling clj-native
> 1.0. But clj-native is a *really* boring name so I want to change it
> before 1.0 and I don't have very good imagination when it comes to
> these things.
> So I need your help.
> It doesn't have to have anything to do with anything, could just be
> something that sounds funny, like sasquatch, that's a funny word.
>
> Please help!
>
> /Markus
>
> On 13 mar, 19:14, mac <markus.gustavs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all.
>> I have had some time lately to work on my C FFI for Clojure and I
>> think it's pretty much feature complete now.
>> It has support for functions, callbacks, structures, unions and
>> globals.
>> For structures there is support for different alignments.
>>
>> The library has two main namespaces: clj-native.direct and clj-
>> native.dynamic.
>> The direct namespace uses the "direct mapping" feature of JNA in order
>> to be as efficient and arity and type safe as possible. However, it
>> does not support varargs functions since they require reflection and
>> dynamic translation of the parameters. That's what the dynamic
>> namespace is for: It can map any C function into clojure, even vararg
>> functions like printf but at a higher cost in call time and less
>> safety (it's easy to crash the jvm by sending the wrong type or number
>> of parameters). Access to global variables through the JNA Pointer
>> class is also available in the dynamic namespace.
>>
>> The library is available from github:http://github.com/bagucode/clj-native
>> and clojars:http://clojars.org/clj-native
>>
>> Example usage of the direct namespace can be found
>> here:http://github.com/bagucode/clj-native/blob/master/src/examples/c_lib.clj
>>
>> Please report issues or make requests to my github account or by mail.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> /Markus

Communication is essential. So we need decent tools when communication
is lacking, when language capability is hard to acquire...

- http://esperanto.net  - http://esperanto-jongeren.nl

Linux-user #496644 (http://counter.li.org) - first touch of linux in 2004