FWIW Michael it was your ClojureX was what got me going best in the beginning,
but on Mac OS X, not Windows. Getting a minimal clojure-aware editing setup was
a little harder -- the emacs-setup stuff you had in an earlier version of
ClojureX got me started there too, but I had to do some other stuff later to
get slime working... e.g. manually copying clojure.jar and clojure-contrib.jar
to my .emacs.

It's kind of funny to see the range of reactions to the OP's post. This stuff
really is very simple once you know how to do it, but it's not necessarily
simple to people coming from different backgrounds.

 -Lee

On Mar 22, 2010, at 9:14 AM, Michael Kohl wrote:

>> In my opinion, atleast in the GNU/Linux world, it should be left to
>> distributors to do this job. On Debian for instance, one just need to
>> do `apt-get install clojure clojure-contrib' to get clojure installed.
>
> It's equally simple on the Mac with Homebrew [1]:
>
> $ brew install clojure clojure-contrib
>
> MacPorts is probably along the same lines. Then there's also my little
> ClojureX [2] project, where I'd really like some more feedback by
> Windows users. Maybe some of the people in this thread who are
> dissatisfied with Clojure on Windows can give it a try?
>
> Michael
>
> [1] http://github.com/mxcl/homebrew
> [2] http://github.com/citizen428/ClojureX/

> clojure+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words
> "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

School of Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspec...@hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Phone: 413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438

Check out Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines:
http://www.springer.com/10710 - http://gpemjournal.blogspot.com/