On 23 March 2010 12:31, Meikel Brandmeyer <m...@kotka.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> one difference which shows up everywhere, is the method and
> constructor notation. While in the book the old is used - (. obj
> (method args ...)) - one should stick to the new one - (.method obj
> args ...). Similar for Contructors. (note trailing dot) and Static/
> methodCalls.
> --

Is there a technical reason that one should prefer the (.method object)
syntax over the (. object method) variant or is it purely a style that the
community has converged on?

I ask because I found that every time I wanted to change my code from
(.method1 object) to (.. object method1 method2) it would have been easier
if the code were (. object method1) moving to (.. object method1 method2)
and, after a while, I started consistently using the form you've indicated
is sub-optimal.

Thanks,

Rob Lally.