Stuart Halloway <stuart.hallo...@gmail.com> writes:

> The labrepl project (http://github.com/relevance/labrepl) is a
> tutorial environment for learning Clojure. It is open source under the
> same license as Clojure. Whether you are learning Clojure on your own,
> or teaching or learning in a classroom environment, I want labrepl to
> be useful to you.

It's really great tutorial to start playing with Clojure.
I think it will be very useful for people just wanted
to check what's interesting in Clojure.
So I'm afraid that this requirement:
"""
Make sure you have leiningen installed
(http://github.com/technomancy/leiningen).
"""
might be a little bit too hard to fulfil for beginners.

What about creating standalone ZIP file, which will contain
all necessary components: Clojure, Leiningem and Labrepl?
I have in mind something like this:

|-- bin
|   |-- lein
|   |-- lein.bat
|   |-- repl
|   `-- repl.bat
|-- config
|   `-- log4j.properties
|-- core
|   |-- clojure-1.1.0.jar
|   |-- labrepl-0.0.1.jar
|   `-- leiningen-1.1.0-standalone.jar
|-- log
|-- project.clj
`-- public

Actually I created such structure myself pretty easy.
I needed just to tweak a little bit: lein, lein.bat,
repl and repl.bat in order to use JARs from "core" subdirectory.

Now in order to start reading this awesome tutorial there are
needed only these steps:
1. unzip labrepl-package.zip
2. cd labrepl-package
3. ./bin/lein deps (Windows: bin\lein deps)
4. ./bin/repl (Windows: bin\repl)

I tried that on Linux and Windows and it just plain works.
I uploaded this ZIP here:
http://github.com/downloads/robwolfe/lein-diagnostics/labrepl-package.zip
in case you want to take a look.

Br,