On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:17:04 -0400
David Nolen <dnolen.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is some truth to what you say. Java does bring quite a bit of
> incidental complexity to the table but I think between lein and clj these
> are being addressed well. They are not "officially sanctioned" but in the
> case of lein, it's use is ubiquitous enough to consider "community
> sanctioned".

I think you can get started with Clojure without having to deal with
Java much at all. I certainly did. Possibly what's needed is *two*
Getting Started pages. One would be for Java programmers who want to
get a feel for the language and how it integrates into their ongoing
projects. The other would be for people who don't know Java, but are
interested in the language, which provides the minimal amount of Java
instructions to get them working with Clojure.

Ok, a third site - for people who don't know Java but want to get to
know Clojure and Java at the same time - would help. It should tell
them to pick just one to start with :-).

Hmm. Look at that. The wiki has a getting started page that covers
much of what I think needs to go into the "non-java" version.  I think
it's to long as is, and needs to be cleaned up (i.e. - drop the
discussion of apt-get and macports, and talk about installing from
"your systems package system" instead). Would anyone object if I took
some of that on?

      <mike
--
Mike Meyer <m...@mired.org>             http://www.mired.org/consulting.html