> 1. Have you written, or are you writing, a web application that uses
> Clojure? What does it do?

We are currently writing a web interface for the project I'm on. The
project, IMSMA, keeps track of landmines in war-torn countries so
humanitarian efforts can clean them up. The main program is a java
swing application, but they wanted a stripped down web app for data
entry. Conjure was an obvious solution since it allowed us, through
Clojure, to reuse much of our code from the swing app and gave us a
very quick and easy way to build the web app.

> 2. Which libraries or frameworks are you using? Which versions?

We're using Conjure (of course). It's an older version, probably a 0.4
or 0.5, I'm not sure which. Unfortunately, Conjure has changed
drastically since then and would require a major rewrite of our code
to catch up. I may try to do that, but after our first release when I
have some time to refactor and clean up code.

> 3. What made you choose Clojure to develop web applications in? What
> are the strengths of Clojure web development?

One of the biggest strengths for us is the java interop of Clojure.
Without it we couldn't reuse much of our java code, and would have put
us way behind. We could have used JRuby, but we felt Clojure is a much
better language which allows us to write even less code to do what we
want.

> 4. What do you think are the current weaknesses of web development in
> Clojure? What could be improved?

Deployment has been a problem. I hacked together an installer for our
app, which sets up our Conjure app as a windows service. I'm thinking
of creating a Leiningen plugin for it, but it would require izPack
which is very hard to use.

We've also had some trouble with support with java script. It's there,
but we're doing some crazy stuff with it, and even JQuery is having a
hard time. I'm not sure what can be done there.

> 5. Anything else you want to comment on?

I see a lot of people asking about a full stack web framework, but not
finding Conjure for some reason. I understand for a good number of
people in the Clojure community, Compojure and supporting libraries
are what they want and need. However, Conjure does have a niche, and I
would like to see more people using it. Is there anything I should be
doing to get more people interested?