On Jul 1, 5:42 pm, Greg <g...@kinostudios.com> wrote:
> Ooo... sorry for the side-question, but I noticed that your code doesn't seem
> to use coercions for primitives and uses type-hints instead.
>
> I was just asking the other day on #clojure why Clojure had coercion
> functions at all and why type hints didn't work for primitives, does this
> mean 1.2 will get rid of coercions (or make them no longer necessary) and
> allow type-hints for primitives?

Beats me, I'm just following the example from David Nolen earlier in
this thread :)

Seriously, I'm just starting out with Clojure (a few weeks) and this
is my way to get to know the language, so I'm not the right person to
ask. I may have made mistakes in my code, and will be happy to be
corrected.

Still, it looks like 1.2 may get type hints:

> ^long and ^double hints allowed on args
> other reference type hints allowed as well
> unlike for non-statics, these will be enforced.

>From http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/clojure/Enhanced_Primitive_Support

But note also the start of the page: