Hi,

so I finally got around to port my app to Clojure 1.2 and got confused
about the contrib shuffles.

There's clojure.java.io and clojure.contrib.io. The docs on the latter
says that most of the functions defined in there are deprecated, and
one should use clojure.java.io instead. But clojure.java.io lacks some
of the very useful macros and function I'm using, like with-in-reader,
with-out-writer, slurp*, to name but a few; clojure.contrib.io does
have them, but it relies on its own primitives, instead of building on
clojure.java.io. So in a way I'm committed to using (if indirectly)
code that is already deprecated. What are the plans for contrib
development in this case?

On a side note: shouldn't slurp* and slurp be unified somehow in a
future release?

Also, contrib 1.2's str-utils contains the following confusing comment
at the very top:

;; DEPRECATED in 1.2: Promoted to clojure.java.string. Note that
;; many function names and semantics have changed

whereas there's no such thing as clojure.java.string.

Daniel