Last time I introduced someone to Clojure via try-clojure.org, he came
back later and said that the console ignored him after a while, and he
wasn't sure what he did wrong. We tried it together, and after a
couple minutes it stopped evaluating expressions. Does this bug sound
familiar? Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce it since.

I'm guessing this is related to the bugfixes in jquery-console that
you mentioned, so upgrading to the latest version of jquery-console is
the piece that I would want to take on.

For my own reference, these are the customizations you made to
jquery-console that I will need to watch out for:

https://github.com/Raynes/tryclojure/commits/master/resources/public/javascript/jquery.console.js