On Dec 13, 8:51 pm, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> If you check out the source for Emacs 24, it comes with package.el
> already, so once it's released it will definitely be the lowest-hassle
> way to get started. No need to worry about instability; I've been
> following Emacs trunk since 2007 or so without any issues.

I'll keep that in mind. It would be especially easy if there was a
keystroke for checkout and build - something easy like C-x C-m C-g M-d
M-a checkout-and-compile-with-options

But seriously, it looks like despite the SLIME error it installed, and
the lein stuff installed without a problem, so I have a pretty decent
environment. Phew, that was easy!