?

?

?

> And it's also strange how at the same time, you reinforce the problem by
> using a writing style with emphasis on "complaining", "ranting", etc. : the
> 4 "u" in "excuuuuse me" being a good example of what I'm trying to explain.

Chas Emerick's post criticized me. I defended myself. The part of his
criticism that was unreasonable was the foundational assumption that I
had recognized CCW as malfunctioning rather than what actually
occurred, which was that as far as I was aware it was working properly
but simply lacking some features.

I don't think it was unreasonable for me to be a bit sarcastic in
pointing this out, since the original post makes it clear that I
interpreted what I saw as not-yet-implemented features rather than as
bugs.

Indeed, that original post was in no way deserving of criticism and
yet I've received nothing else since posting it. First from you with
your implication that I was remiss in not having read some "install
guide" that does not turn up at any point along the path to getting it
installed, and now from several people about my "writing style".

I respectfully suggest that if you don't like the slightly acerbic
style with which I respond in my own defense when unfairly criticized,
then perhaps you should simply avoid criticizing me.

> Ken, the "raw content" of your feedback report on installing and trying
> Counterclockwise has been noted, and I certainly intend to pick ideas in it
> for future releases of CCW.

You are involved in its development?

(If so, it's even more mystifying that you asked me to submit a ticket
on the problems I observed -- you would already have all the logins
and access you need to do so AND far more familiarity with the
tracker, so by the time I even got to your reply the ticket could have
already existed. And if the development team knew about these problems
before I encountered them, and even wrote some (lamentably not easily
stumbled-upon) documentation regarding work-arounds, shouldn't such a
ticket have *already* existed?)

> In the mean time, there's a question you did not explicitly answer to: was
> there an implicit question in your email, beyond its "informative" nature ?

No. Just statements of observed fact about CCW.

> Last question: would it be possible for you to try write your posts in a
> less emotional/sarcastic/condescendent way ?

I only replied in kind. The first snark was from you, if you'll recall:

> I have good news for you: ccw documentation is linked from the main
> page of the counterclockwise project, in the "Quick links" section,
> and it's neither a pdf neither a video, plain old wiki page

This is clearly not only sarcastic but an implied criticism that I
should have already seen and read this, even though nowhere is any of
it linked to during the process of getting and installing CCW.

> Because it's really counter productive and does not serve well neither
> the point you're trying to make, neither the feelings of the recipient(s)
> of your mail.

That applies double to whoever throws the first snark. Nobody should
be surprised or especially dismayed if, after someone does so, their
target responds in kind.