On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Lee Spector <lspec...@hampshire.edu>wrote:

> On May 20, 2011, at 9:48 AM, David Nolen wrote:
> >
> > The JEdit mode for Clojure has auto-indenting and bracket matching and it
> works just fine for me. If you weren't able to get that to work did you try
> contacting the maintainer of the mode?
> >

> Not that I recall but I did mention it in a discussion on this list back in
> March. Yes, bracket matching works in JEdit but at least as far as I can see
> (and I just tried the latest development build) it doesn't have what I
> consider to be Clojure-aware automatic indenting -- that is, where it
> indents according to standard Lisp conventions, as emacs lisp modes do, and
> Counterclockwise does (almost :-), and MCLIDE and TextMate clojure modes do,
> etc. Am I just missing something? I've tried Edit > Indent > Indent lines,
> and also the Tab key and various other things I could think of.
>
>  -Lee

I have no idea how to make it work for you since "it just worked" for me. It
would helpful for yourself and others if you contacted the maintainer
explained your issue and discovered the source of problem. It would be even
more helpful if you updated the Confluence Getting Started wiki on JEdit
(that I started back in March) for others so that they can avoid such
pitfalls.

David