Hi there,

Having never really enjoyed javascript and therefore avoiding it for the
longest time, I'm now quite excited to jump into it given the introduction of
ClojureScript. It's really quite exciting - thanks everyone for putting so much
effort and thought into it.

One thing I'm wondering about (and hope that someone with more ClojureScript
dev experience than myself could help illuminate things for me) is what a
typical ClojureScript development workflow looks like.

With Clojure, I do the following:

* start up a swank server
* hack in the repl
* hack in the text editor - sending forms to be evaled on the swank server
* instantly see/hear (if I'm doing GUI/sound work) the results of my evals

I walked through the first two Google Closure tutorials:

* http://code.google.com/closure/library/docs/gettingstarted.html
* http://code.google.com/closure/library/docs/tutorial.html

My workflow lacked a REPL (although I believe they exist in some web browsers)
but I was able to modify the code, hit refresh in the browser and immediately
see changes.

However, when I went through the ClojureScript tutorial:

* https://github.com/clojure/clojurescript/wiki/Quick-Start

Although I did get a REPL, it was totally disconnected from the browser, so I
wasn't able to test any GUI stuff with it and if I modified the code I had to
wait quite a long time for the js to compile before I saw the changes in the
browser.

I'm therefore wondering, how do other people with more experience develop with
ClojureScript? Is there any way of getting the wonderful flow of code
creation/evaluation/visibility that you can get in a typical Clojure workflow?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

---
http://sam.aaron.name