> My worry is that the decoupling of "core Clojure" from contrib will
> result in contrib authors not caring too much about sorting out the
> current situation. Also, I think much of the fanfare of the 1.3
> release will be shadowed by the contrib situation. And perhaps most
> importantly, I worry that I won't be able to take advantage of Clojure
> 1.3 in any of my applications anytime soon.

Helping people migrate contribs is a significant issue and we will continue to
work on it. Among other things, I like the idea of a bringing back a single
download for people who don't care about modularity. This is easy enough to do
on top of a modular system, it just hasn't bubbled to the top of anybody's
priority list.

That said, there are businesses who could use Clojure 1.3 tomorrow if it had an
official release. They shouldn't have to wait. Also, the single best way to
flush out the contrib issues is to have people trying a release.

Stu

Stuart Halloway
Clojure/core
http://clojure.com