On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:37 AM, Stefan Kamphausen
<ska2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> To my humble ears this sounds like the best idea so far.  Something like
> ClojureRTException ...

The problem - in Clojure code using try/catch - is that you don't know
whether the real exception will be wrapped or not (because you may be
calling thru some intermediate layer that may or may not do
reflection) therefore you cannot usefully catch a given exception in
Clojure: you will _always_ have to catch both the intended exception
*and* catch ClojureRTException and unroll it yourself with the same
code in both branches of logic. That's _horrible_.

try/catch should do the unrolling for you - esp. if we introduce
ClojureRTE as a wrap-only exception so it won't be confused with a
regular RTE.
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://www.getrailo.com/