Stuart Sierra <the.stuart.sie...@gmail.com> writes:

> I was a little worried about this when the exception behavior for fns was
> changed. I think it's solvable, but don't know right now what the solution
> is.

I'm not incredibly experienced with Java, but would using a Java
construct which tricks the language into allowing unchecked exceptions
be too crazy?  I've seen references to both of these approaches, but
haven't actually tried either for anything:

http://james-iry.blogspot.com/2010/08/on-removing-java-checked-exceptions-by.html
  http://projectlombok.org/features/SneakyThrows.html

The former even came up on #clojure, I believe.

-Marshall